Does meal planing often leave you feeling overwhelmed? School pick-up, practice drop-off, after school appointments, and afternoon errands are a recipe for #drivethrudinner. Don’t let the rush cause you to order a combo.
This Fall Harvest Salad will make as many servings as you need! Simply choose any desired amount of the following ingredients.
- Orzo pasta
- Greens (ie. chopped spinach or kale)
- Sliced apples
- Grilled chicken (or other protein of choice)
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- Roasted sweet potatos
- Dressing: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt & pepper
- Prepare orzo pasta and protein
- While those are cooking, prepare any chopped veggies and roast
- Once all ingredients are prepared, mix together in one bowl
- To make the dressing, mix a 3:1 ratio of olive oil to balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp of honey, and salt & pepper to taste in a mason jar. Seal the lid and shake until well combined. Serve alongside prepared salad
- Add any of your family’s favorite vegetables and use up any remaining veggies to reduce food waste and save money
- Mix it up by adding seasonal produce, such as cranberries or squash
- Add shredded cheese to the freshly cooked orzo pasta for a richer flavor
Did you try this recipe out? Tag us in your Fall Harvest Salad pictures!